Looking for Fuel Your Fandom Sweepstakes Rules? Visit https://bit.ly/7E-P5
7-Eleven® Fuel Your Fandom Contest
1. DESCRIPTION: The “7-Eleven® Fuel Your Fandom Contest” (the "Contest") invites eligible entrants (each, an “Entrant” and collectively, “Entrants”) to compete for $11,000 and the opportunity to co-create content with 7-Eleven as a member of the Superfan Influencer Crew, as described herein. The sponsor of this Contest is 7-Eleven, Inc., 3200 Hackberry Road, Irving TX 75063 (“Sponsor”). The administrator of this Contest is Creative Zing Promotion Group, 2265 Lee Road, Suite 229, Winter Park, FL 32789 ("Administrator"). The Sponsor and Administrator are collectively referred to below as the “Contest Entities”. Entrants are providing information to Sponsor, and not to Twitter, Instagram of TikTok. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Twitter, Instagram or TikTok. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
The Contest will operate as follows:
· Contest Period: The Contest Period begins on Wednesday, August 25, 2021, at 7:00:00 am Central Time (“CT”) and ends on Friday, October 15, 2021 at 11:59:59 pm CT (the “Contest Period”).
· Contest Judging: Concurrent with the Contest Period through Friday, October 22, 2021, eligible Submissions (as defined in Section 3) will be reviewed and evaluated in accordance with the “Judging Criteria” as described in Section 4 of these Official Rules.
· Winner Notification: On or about Monday, October 25, 2021, three (3) potential winners will be notified in accordance with Section 5 of these Official Rules.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Entrants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
· Entrant must be a legal United States resident physically residing within the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia. Void in Guam, Puerto Rico and all other U.S. territories and possessions and where restricted or prohibited by law;
· Entrant must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and the age of majority in his or her state of primary residence at the time of entry and meet all other requirements in these Official Rules;
· Entrant must NOT be directly or indirectly employed by Sponsor’s competitors or otherwise pose a conflict of interest to the Sponsor, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Conflicts of interest include, but are not limited to:
o (a.) franchisees, employees, owners, and contractors of national and regional convenience stores; (b.) agencies, consultants and vendors of national and regional convenience stores; and (c.) influencers who have represented a national or regional convenience store within the last twelve (12) months.
· Entrant must be a registered user of Twitter, Instagram, or TikTok (collectively, the “Social Media Platforms”) to participate in the Contest. Registration on each Social Media Platform is free as of publication of these Official Rules and can be obtained by following the on-screen instructions at www.twitter.com, www.instagram.comwww.tiktok.com. Entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the social media account associated with their Submission (defined below); and
· Entrant must NOT be an employee of the Contest Entities or their respective franchisees, agencies, shareholders, officers, directors, members, successors, agents or assigns nor can Entrant be an Immediate Family Member and/or Household Member of such persons. For purposes of the Contest, "Household Members" means those people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether or not related; "Immediate Family Members" means parents, stepparents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: During the Contest Period, eligible Entrants must post a photo, video, or self-made gif to Twitter, Instagram or TikTok showcasing fandom for 7-Eleven in the form of dance, song, artwork or other artistic expression (the photo, video, or self-made gif collectively with the post content, the “Submission”) in accordance with the requirements herein.
There are three (3) methods of entry available:
Twitter Entry: To participate via Twitter, Entrant must have a non-private Twitter account. During the Contest Period, a Contest announcement will be distributed on https://twitter.com/7eleven (“Twitter Page”). To enter, Entrant must post their Submission, along with the hashtag #FuelYourFandomContest and tag @7Eleven. If the Submission was previously posted to Twitter, it must be reposted or retweeted during the Contest Period with the hashtag #FuelYourFandomContest. Posts to Twitter Fleets are not eligible.
Instagram Entry: To participate via Instagram, Entrant must have a non-private Instagram account. During the Contest Period, a Contest announcement will be distributed on https://www.instagram.com/7eleven/ (“Instagram Page”). To enter, Entrant must post a Submission, along with the hashtag #FuelYourFandomContest and tag @7Eleven. If the Submission was previously posted to Instagram, it must be reposted during the Contest Period. The hashtag #FuelYourFandomContest must appear in the caption (not comments). Posts to Instagram Stories and Reels are not eligible.
TikTok Entry: To participate via TikTok, Entrant must have a non-private TikTok account. During the Contest Period, a Contest announcement will be distributed on https://www.tiktok.com/@7eleven (“TikTok Page”). To enter, Entrant must post a Submission, along with the hashtag #FuelYourFandomContest and tag @7Eleven in the caption. If the Submission was previously posted to TikTok, it must be reposted during the Contest Period. The hashtag #FuelYourFandomContest must appear in the caption (not comments).
THE SUBMISSION MUST:
· Comply with the Official Rules;
· Be wholly original to Entrant; the Entrant must be the rightful owner and have the rights, title and interest necessary to utilize the Submission for the Contest and also grant Sponsor an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, sublicensable license to use your Submission as specified in Section 10 below;
· Not contain material which depicts or encourages dangerous activities, is sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, self-mutilating, discriminatory, illegal, offensive, threatening, profane, harassing or otherwise deemed inappropriate by the Contest Entities;
· Not contain any derogatory references to any Contest Entities; and
THE SUBMISSION SHOULD NOT:
· Contain commercial or corporate logos, advertising, brand names, artwork, insignia or slogans, other than 7-Eleven® brands and those approved by the Sponsor and otherwise used in accordance with these Official Rules;
· Include musical accompaniment unless the Entrant produces a wholly original musical accompaniment (proof of the original status of the musical accompaniment must be provided to the Contest Entities upon request);
· Include prominent mention, featuring, or depiction of any copyrighted material (including but not limited to music, video games, films, books, television programming, etc.), and must not infringe upon any third-party trademarks;
In the event that a Submission violates the content guidelines and restrictions outlined above, the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to require an Entrant to edit the Submission to blur logos, suppress music or completely remove or disqualify any content that may intentionally or unintentionally violate the Official Rules before the Submission will be deemed eligible in the Contest. If a Submission exceeds two (2) minutes, only the first two (2) minutes will be reviewed and evaluated. Sponsor reserves the right to waive the Contest requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion. Without in any way limiting the effect of the rest of these Official Rules, any Entrant who incorporates any intellectual property owned by a third party into his or her Submission without written permission is solely responsible for any such use of the intellectual property.
IMPORTANT: Entrant’s Submission may appear in the Sponsor’s social media stream. If Entrant does not want his or her Submission to be made public, he or she should not enter the Contest. All Submissions must be initially posted by Friday, October 15, 2021, at 11:59:59 pm CT. Limit one (1) unique Submission per Entrant per day for the duration of the Contest Period. Any attempt to exceed the entry limitations through the creation of multiple accounts or fraudulent means may result in disqualification from the Contest, at the sole discretion of the Contest Entities. Submissions from private, disposable, or temporary social media accounts will be disqualified. The Contest Entities reserve the right in their sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any Submission that they believe is inappropriate or not suitable for publication, that does not comply with these Official Rules, or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the Contest. Submissions must comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations. Sponsor shall have no obligation to copy, publish, display, or otherwise exploit the Submissions. Participation in the Contest constitutes Entrant's understanding, agreement and full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. Contest Entities reserve the right to disqualify any Entrant they determine to be in violation of any term contained in these Official Rules. All Submissions become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. If Entrant chooses to post a Submission via his or her web-enabled mobile device, data rates may apply. See the applicable wireless service provider for details on rates and capabilities.
By entering the Contest, each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that: (a) Sponsor is granting Entrants a limited right to use the 7-Eleven® brands solely for the purposes of the Contest, (b) any goodwill emanating from the use of the 7-Eleven® trademark shall inure solely to the benefit of 7-Eleven, Inc., (c) Entrants shall have no right, title or interest in the Submission, and (d) any unauthorized use of the Submission other than as permitted by these Official Rules may constitute copyright infringement. Entrant may not use the Submissions for any purpose outside of this Contest, including without limitation, any commercial purpose.
4. CONTEST JUDGING: Throughout and immediately following the Contest Period, eligible Submissions will be reviewed and evaluated by representatives of the Contest Entities (the “Judges”) to select up to three (3) potential Winners. Eligible Submissions will be judged in accordance with the following weighted criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
Each Entrant whose Submission receives one of the three highest total scores among all Submissions according to the Judging Criteria as determined by the Judges will each be deemed a potential Winner (as defined in Section 5), subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. In the event of a tie, the tied Submissions will be re-evaluated by the Judges and the Entrant with the highest rating on “Passion for 7-Eleven” will be deemed the potential Winner. Judges’ decisions are final and binding. Final judging scores will not be revealed or publicly announced. Contest Entities reserve the right to choose fewer than three (3) potential Winners and/or to extend the Contest Period and all other dates associated with the Contest in the event an insufficient number of eligible Submissions meeting the Judging Criteria are received, as determined by the Contest Entities in their sole discretion.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: As a condition of participation, the Entrant agrees to be contacted by the Sponsor via the Social Media Platform associated with their Submission. On or about Monday, October 25, 2021, up to three (3) potential winners (each a potential “Winner”) will be selected based on the results of judging. Administrator will confirm the potential Winner’s eligibility and that they complied with all steps and guidelines in Section 3 prior to notification (failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification). Each potential Winner will be notified via the Social Media Platform associated with their Submission in the form of a direct message or public-facing comment from @7Eleven. Each potential Winner will be required to respond (as directed by the Administrator and/or Sponsor) to the notification within three (3) business days (or a shorter time if required by exigencies) of first attempted notification. The failure to timely respond to the notification may result in disqualification, and the Contest Entities will select an alternate potential Winner based on the judging results. Each potential Winner will be required to verify address, sign, and return within four (4) days of initial notification one or more forms covering eligibility, liability, advertising and (unless prohibited by law) publicity rights and such other documents the Contest Entities may require (collectively, “Grand Prize Affidavit”). Each potential Winner will be required to provide his or her Social Security number and consent to a background check. Such background check may include (but is not limited to) investigation of criminal, arrest or conviction records, a history restraining orders or stalking, and any other factor deemed relevant by the Sponsor to help ensure that any potential Winner will not bring Sponsor into public disrepute, risk, contempt, scandal, or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Sponsor. If requested, the potential Winner agrees to sign forms authorizing the release of personal and background information. Pending the results of the background check, the Contest Entities, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to disqualify the potential Winner and select an alternate potential Winner based on the judging results, in their sole discretion. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize they receive. Winners must provide Contest Entities with a valid social security number for tax reporting purposes before the prize can be awarded. An IRS Form-1099 will be issued to the winner in February 2023 for the actual value of the prize received.
A prize will not be awarded/fulfilled until all such properly executed documents are returned. Contest Entities, in their sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to three (3) potential Winners of a prize (as determined by the judging results) in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. Administrator reserves the right to disqualify anyone not fully complying with the Official Rules.
6. GRAND PRIZE (3 AVAILABLE): Sponsor is the Prize Provider. The Grand Prize offers the Winner the opportunity to co-create social media content as a member of the Sponsor’s Superfan Influencer Crew. The Grand Prize package consist of: (a.) Eleven thousand dollars ($11,000.00), awarded in the form of a check; (b.) One thousand one hundred dollars ($1,100.00) for use at 7-Eleven in the form of a credit, gift card or other distribution method as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion; and (c.) Participation in the Superfan Influencer Crew bootcamp (the “Bootcamp”). Grand Prize Approximate Retail Value: $14,600.00.
By accepting the Grand Prize, the Winner expressly assumes the risk that they may be exposed to COVID-19, the Coronavirus that causes COVID-19, or other communicable and/or infectious diseases. Winner expressly understands that these risks include contracting COVID-19 or other communicable and/or infectious diseases and the associated dangers, medical complications and physical and mental injuries, both foreseen and unforeseen, that may result from contracting COVID-19 or other communicable and/or infectious diseases. Winner must abide by all applicable COVID regulations and local ordinances and venue-specific rules, including but not limited to social distancing, masks, testing, and proof of vaccination requirements, as specified by the venue. Sponsor may opt to substitute in-person Bootcamp with a virtual Bootcamp at their sole discretion should travel or other restrictions make in-person Bootcamp impractical or impossible.
12. NATURE OF RELATIONSHIP/WAIVER OF EQUITABLE RELIEF: Each Entrant and each Grand Prize Winner, understand and acknowledge that the Contest Entities have wide access to ideas and other materials, and that new ideas are being developed by their own employees, suppliers, and/or business partners. Each Entrant and each Grand Prize Winner also acknowledges that many ideas may be competitive with, similar or identical to an idea and/or each other in theme, idea, format or other respects and agrees that he or she will not bring any action against Contest Entities or any third parties, and will not be entitled to any compensation, as a result of any Contest Entities or any third party’s use of any such similar or identical material. Each Entrant and each Grand Prize Winner acknowledges and agrees that the Contest Entities do not now and shall not have in the future any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of copyright, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property rights in and to the Submission.