The Dundies 2021 Contest
1. PRELIMINARY INFORMATION: NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited and outside the United States. The Dundies 2021 Contest (“Contest”) begins on Thursday, March 18, 2021 at 8:00 am Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Monday, March 22, 2021 at 8:00 pm ET (“Contest Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. ENTRANTS ARE PROVIDING INFORMATION TO SPONSOR AND NOT TO TWITTER OR INSTAGRAM. THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH TWITTER OR INSTAGRAM.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to permanent, legal United States residents who are physically residing in one of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia, excluding Puerto Rico, Guam, the Virgin Islands, and other United States territories), and who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or of the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older, as of the start of the Contest Period (the “Entrant”). Entrant must be a registered user of Twitter or Instagram (collectively, the “Social Media Platforms”). Registration on each Social Media Platform is free and can be obtained by following the on-screen instructions at www.twitter.com or www.instagram.com or by visiting the app store associated with the mobile device. Entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the social media account associated with the Submission (as defined in Section 3). In case of a dispute over the identity of an Entrant, the authorized account holder of the social media account used to enter will be deemed to be the Entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person assigned to the social media account by the relevant Social Media Platform. Officers, directors, and employees of Contest Entities or any of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, website providers, web masters and members of their immediate families (spouses and/or parents, children, and siblings, and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside), and/or persons living in the same households as these persons (whether or not related thereto) are not eligible to enter or win the Contest. Contest Entities, as referenced herein, shall include Peacock TV LLC, 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10112, NBCUniversal Media, LLC, 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10112 (collectively, “Sponsor”) and Creative Zing Promotion Group, 2265 Lee Road, Suite 229, Winter Park, FL 32789 (the “Administrator”) and each of their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliate companies, and their administrative, advertising, and promotion agencies, and any other entity involved in the development, administration, promotion, or implementation of the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Entities”). Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s and/or Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
3. TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, eligible Entrants must post a photo, video, or self-made gif to Twitter or Instagram showcasing the Entrant’s fandom for The Office and worthiness for a Dundie Award (the photo, video, or self-made gif collectively with the post content, the “Submission”) in accordance with the requirements herein.
There are two (2) methods of entry available:
Twitter Entry: To participate via Twitter, Entrant must have a non-private Twitter account and follow https://twitter.com/peacockTV (“Twitter Page”) by clicking the “Follow” button. During the Contest Period, a Contest announcement will be distributed on the Twitter Page (the “Twitter Announcement”). By following the Twitter Page, followers may also see the Twitter Announcement in their Twitter feed. To enter, Entrant must post their Submission, along with the hashtag #Dundies2021Contest and tag @peacockTV. If the Submission was previously posted to Twitter, it must be reposted or retweeted during the Contest Period with the hashtag #Dundies2021Contest. Posts to Twitter Fleets are not eligible.
Instagram Entry: To participate via Instagram, Entrant must have a non-private Instagram account and follow https://www.instagram.com/peacocktv/ (“Instagram Page”) by clicking the “Follow” button. During the Contest Period, a Contest announcement will be distributed on the Instagram Page (the “Instagram Post”). By following the Instagram Page, followers may also see the Instagram Post in their Instagram feed. To enter, Entrant must post a Submission, along with the hashtag #Dundies2021Contest and tag @peacockTV. If the Submission was previously posted to Instagram, it must be reposted during the Contest Period. The hashtag #Dundies2021Contest must appear in the caption (not comments). Posts to Instagram Stories and Reels are not eligible.
The Entrant must follow @PeacockTV on the Social Media Platform associated with their Submission(s) throughout the Contest Period and for at least fifteen (15) days thereafter (for potential notification purposes). Entrant may unfollow @PeacockTVafter the fifteen (15) day notification period.
The Submission must:
The Submission must NOT:
· Contain or reference any brand names, products or services of any company or any third-party trademarks, copyrights, logos, trade dress or promotion of any brand, product or service, except those relating to The Office, its fictional characters and companies, and otherwise used in accordance with these Official Rules;
· Contain any personal information (e.g., Entrant’s name, e-mail address or phone number); if Submission contains personal information, it is Entrant’s sole responsibility to remove all such personal information before posting the Submission on the Social Media Platform;
· Contain content, images or other material that is misleading, indecent, offensive, sexually explicit, tortious, disparaging, defamatory, slanderous, or libelous, or depicts an unsafe practice;
· Contain content, images, or other material that reflect, advocate, or promote bigotry, racism, hatred, harm, or exploitation of or against any class, group or individual, discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
All Submissions must be posted by Monday, March 22, 2021 at 8:00 pm ET. Limit one (1) Submission per Entrant per Social Media Platform for the duration of the Contest Period. Any attempt to exceed the entry limitations through the creation of multiple accounts or fraudulent means may result in disqualification from the Contest, at the sole discretion of the Contest Entities. Submissions from private, disposable, or temporary social media accounts will be disqualified. The Contest Entities reserve the right in their sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any Submission that they believe is inappropriate or not suitable for publication, that does not comply with these Official Rules, or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the Contest. Submissions must comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations. Sponsor shall have no obligation to copy, publish, display, or otherwise exploit the Submissions. Participation in the Contest constitutes Entrant's understanding, agreement and full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. Contest Entities reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant they determine to be in violation of any term contained in these Official Rules. All Submissions become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. If Entrant chooses to post a Submission via his or her web-enabled mobile device, data rates may apply. See the applicable wireless service provider for details on rates and capabilities.
Important – Grant of Rights: Entrant’s Submission may appear on the Sponsor’s social media accounts including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and in advertising for PeacockTV on-air, off-air and on peacocktv.com. If Entrant does not want his or her Submission to be made public, he or she should not enter the Contest. By entering the Contest, Entrants grant Sponsor the non-exclusive, royalty-free, and irrevocable rights to use, reproduce, copy, publish, display, distribute, perform, translate, adapt, modify, and otherwise exploit the Submission and to incorporate the Submission in other works in any and all markets and media worldwide, now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity. Entrants warrant that they have the sole and exclusive right to grant such rights to Sponsor and that the Sponsor's reproduction, publishing, displaying, and/or other use of the Submission will not infringe on any rights of third parties, including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy, or publicity, or create claims for defamation, false light, idea misappropriation, intentional or negligent infliction of emotional distress, or breach of contract. If the Submission includes an identifiable person other than the Entrant, the Entrant represents and warrants that he/she has obtained the consent of such person to the use of the Submission as outlined herein and such person may be required to provide written consent to the Contest Entities’ use of the Submission.
4. CONTEST JUDGING: Throughout and immediately following the Contest Period, eligible Submissions will be reviewed and evaluated by representatives of the Contest Entities (the “Judges”). Eligible Submissions will be judged in accordance with the following weighted criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
The Entrants with the highest total score among all Judging Criteria as determined by the Judges will each be deemed a potential Winner (as defined in Section 5), subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. In the event of a tie, the tied Submissions will be re-evaluated by the Judges and the Entrant with the highest rating on “Relevance to The Office Fandom Theme” will be deemed the potential Winner. Judges’ decisions are final and binding. Final judging scores will not be revealed or publicly announced.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: As a condition of participation, the Entrant agrees to be contacted by the Sponsor via the Social Media Platform associated with the Submission. On or about Tuesday, March 23, 2021, up to five (5) potential winners (each a potential “Winner”) will be selected based on the results of judging. Administrator will confirm that the potential Winner has followed all steps in Section 3 prior to notification. Each potential Winner will be notified via the Social Media Platform associated with the Submission in the form of a direct message from @PeacockTV. TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE FOR AWARDING THIS PRIZE. Each potential Winner is required to respond (as directed) within three (3) hours of the notification. Each potential Winner will be provided with his or her unique link to confirm eligibility and complete a digital prize acceptance form (the “Prize Acceptance Form”). If the potential Winner shares or publishes his or her link to the Prize Acceptance Form, such potential Winner may be disqualified, at the sole discretion of the Contest Entities. Failure to respond or complete the Prize Acceptance Form as directed may result in forfeiture of the prize. If a potential Winner forfeits, is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize for any reason prior to award, such potential Winner will be disqualified and if time permits, an alternate potential Winner will be selected based on the judging results. Alternate potential Winners, if applicable, will be notified in accordance with the aforementioned procedure. If Contest Entities are unable to determine and verify all potential Winners after repeated attempts or if Contest Entities fail to receive a sufficient number of Submissions to correspond to the number of prizes available to be awarded, Sponsor reserves the right to not award all prizes. Limit one (1) prize per person.
ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY CONTEST ENTITIES, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
6. PRIZE: There are five (5) prizes available (each, a “Prize”). Each Prize package will consist of one (1) personalized Dundie Award; one (1) The Office/Peacock-branded robe; two (2) The Office character dolls; one (1) block of Dunder Mifflin Post-It Notes; one (1) World’s Best Boss mug; one (1) Peacock Tote Bag; one (1) Peacock water bottle; and one (1) voucher for 1-year of Peacock Premium subscription service (valid for those who are new to Peacock Premium).
Estimated Retail Value (“ERV”) of each Prize is $169.99. ERV of all Prizes is $849.95. Actual Retail Value (“ARV”) of Prize may vary.
ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES, AND ANY OTHER COSTS AND EXPENSES, ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. If the Winner already has a Peacock Premium subscription, a substitute prize of equal or greater value will be provided in-lieu of the subscription portion of the prize. The Prize ERV is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ERV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. If the actual value of a Prize is less than the ERV stated herein, the Winner will not be entitled to a check, cash or other form of payment for the price difference. The Prize will be delivered to the mailing address as provided on the Prize Acceptance Form; a signature may be required. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost, stolen or misdirected Prize packages. Allow 3 - 4 weeks for Prize delivery. The Prizes are awarded without warranty of any kind, express or implied, without limitation. All details of Prize will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Prize (or portion thereof) with a similar Prize of comparable or greater value. Prize cannot be transferred by Winners or redeemed for cash and is valid only for the items detailed above, with no substitution of Prize by Winners.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND PUBLICITY RELEASE: BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES FOR ENTRANT AND FOR ENTRANT’S HEIRS, EXECUTORS, AND ADMINISTRATORS (A) TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, CONTEST ENTITIES, AND THEIR AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING AGENCIES, WEBSITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM ANY LIABILITY, ILLNESS, INJURY, DEATH, LOSS, LITIGATION, OR DAMAGE THAT MAY OCCUR, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, WHETHER CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OR NOT, FROM SUCH ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST AND/OR HIS/HER ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF PRIZE OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, INCLUDING ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY; (B) TO INDEMNIFY RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY RESULTING OR ARISING FROM THE CONTEST AND TO HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT RELEASED PARTIES HAVE NEITHER MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO PRIZE, INCLUDING EXPRESS WARRANTIES PROVIDED EXCLUSIVELY BY PRIZE SUPPLIER THAT ARE SENT ALONG WITH PRIZE; (C) IF SELECTED AS A WINNER, GRANT PERMISSION TO THE LISTING OF SUCH ENTRANT’S NAME ON A WINNER LIST AND THE USE BY RELEASED PARTIES OF SUCH NAME, VOICE, IMAGE, AND/OR LIKENESS FOR PUBLICITY, PROMOTIONAL, AND ADVERTISING PURPOSES IN ANY AND ALL MEDIA NOW OR HEREAFTER KNOWN, THROUGHOUT THE WORLD IN PERPETUITY, WITHOUT ADDITIONAL COMPENSATION, NOTIFICATION, PERMISSION, OR APPROVAL, AND, UPON REQUEST, TO THE GIVING OF CONSENT, IN WRITING, TO SUCH USE; AND (D) TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND TO WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO CLAIM ANY AMBIGUITY OR ERROR THEREIN OR IN THE CONTEST ITSELF, AND TO BE BOUND BY ALL DECISIONS OF THE SPONSOR, WHICH ARE BINDING AND FINAL. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THESE CONDITIONS MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE CONTEST AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING THE WEBSITE AND ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
8. ADDITIONAL TERMS: Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s, Judges and/or Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to permanently disqualify from the Contest any person it believes has intentionally violated these Official Rules. Any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the Contest or the operation thereof is unlawful and subject to legal action by Sponsor, who may seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The failure of Contest Entities to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, epidemic, pandemic, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations), or other “force majeure” event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to Entrants or to any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical, or computer failures of any kind; for inaccurate transcription of entry information; for errors in any promotional or marketing materials or in these Official Rules; for any human or electronic error; or for Submissions that are misdirected, garbled, delayed, lost, late, damaged, incomplete, ineligible, or returned. Proof of posting a Submission will not be deemed proof of receipt by the Contest Entities. Contest Entities reserve the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Contest or any element thereof (including, without limitation, these Official Rules) without notice in any manner and for any reason (including, without limitation, in the event of any unanticipated occurrence that is not fully addressed in these Official Rules). In the event of cancellation, modification, or suspension, Sponsor reserves the right to judge eligible, non-suspect Submissions received prior to the time of the event warranting such cancellation, modification, or suspension to determine the potential Winners. Notice of such cancellation, modification, or suspension will be posted on the Social Media Platforms or website associated with the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual who shows a disregard for these Official Rules; acts with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other Contest Entities; or behaves in any other disruptive manner (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion). Sponsor reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Contest. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. NATURE OF RELATIONSHIP/WAIVER OF EQUITABLE RELIEF: Each Entrant and each Winner, understand and acknowledge that the Contest Entities have wide access to ideas and other materials, and that new ideas are being developed by their own employees, suppliers, and/or business partners. Each Entrant and each Winner also acknowledge that many ideas may be competitive with, similar or identical to an idea and/or each other in theme, idea, format or other respects and agrees that he or she will not bring any action against Contest Entities or any third parties, and will not be entitled to any compensation, as a result of any Contest Entities or any third party’s use of any such similar or identical material. Each Entrant and each Winner acknowledge and agree that the Contest Entities do not now and shall not have in the future any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of copyright, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property rights in and to the Submission. Nothing stated herein should be construed to create any kind of employment relationship, contractor relationship, partnership or joint venture with Contest Entities.
10. DISPUTES: The Contest is governed by, and will be construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, and the forum anD VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN NEW YORK, NEW YORK. ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC., IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN NEW YORK. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN THE COUNTY OF NEW YORK. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS CONTEST, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND PARTICIPANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, EXEMPLARY, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES OR OTHER SUCH COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF.
12. LIST OF WINNERS: To obtain a list of the winners, available after March 31, 2021, send a request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to “The Dundies 2021 Contest- Winners” c/o Creative Zing Promotion Group, 2265 Lee Road, Suite 229, Winter Park, FL 32789. Requests must be received no later than July 31, 2021.
Copyright © 2021 Peacock TV LLC and NBCUniversal Media. All rights reserved.